[Samba] nsupdate failed: GSSAPI error: A token had an invalid message integrity check

Michael Jones samba at jonesmz.com
Sun Feb 13 21:57:51 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 2:46 AM L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, i having (again) a dead in the family..
>
> I saw this. Not sure if it still applies
> The last lines here :
> https://marc.info/?l=samba&m=138748499227175&w=2
>
> Quote:
> That output
>    ; TSIG error with server: tsig verify failure
> is usually only seen when the internal DNS server is running.
> It's a glitch, which can be ignored atm (all dyn. updates are done OK).
>
> Based on "all dyn. updates are done OK"
>
> You can verifiy that youself by running : samba_dnsupdate --verbose
> --all-names
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

I'm so sorry to hear about your family.

Thank you for the reference link, but I'm afraid that the updates are not
actually applied.

To work around this problem, I've issued static DHCP leases to all machines
in my domain.

I hope that a future version of Samba can address this bug.