[Samba] Corruption of winbind cache after converting NT4 to AD domain

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Feb 12 14:01:18 UTC 2022

12.02.2022 16:36, Rowland Penny via samba пишет:
> Okay, a bit of history :-)

Heh. I come from before-MS-DOS era. And I managed WfW workgroups
too, and instead of switching to winNT I switched to samba and one
domain I've set up was still up-n-running until a few days ago
(which started this thread).  I still remember WfW. And I still
remember some GUI on MS-DOS 2.x (iirc) which - I think - started
windows in the first place, it was some sort of file manager.

>> The corruption definitely can be fixed, this is not a question here
>> anymore. The argument that local user and AD user have different SIDs
>> is not valid either, we can make them the same.
>
> Yes it can be fixed, by setting things up correctly. You are not the
> first person to try and bend AD and it has always ended in tears.

I'm not trying to bend AD.  Not at all. I'm not trying to bend anything.
And I'm not trying to bend local users, either. In my understanding it
all working together just fine, if not some bug which you keep saying
is not a bug.

And I *still* yet to see the reason for your thinking that something
needs to be bent - either AD or local users. You keep saying "do this"
instead of answering the only my question: WHY, what is wrong with
keeping it all peacefully without needing to bend anything?

I'll stop this. We're going in circles... :(

Thank you!

/mjt