[Samba] Corruption of winbind cache after converting NT4 to AD domain

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Sat Feb 12 12:46:32 UTC 2022

> It helped, but needed slightly expanding, so it looks like I will have
> to put it back again.

I guess that was me who removed some of the too stuff from the "Setting
up Samba as a Domain Member".

I had passed the link to a customer because I remembered the page as a
good and concise guide for setting up a member server. Then just after
sending out the link I read the page again and realized that it was
substantially changed compared to what I remembered was there and what I
saw was too convoluted.

I briefly checked the page history trying to figure out who contributed
the changes trying to figure out minimal changes that would result in a
reasonable doc without throwing out too much stuff.

Unfortunately due to time constraints I had to resort to removing quite
a bit of stuff to get back to a reasonable state.

When exanding the article please ensure users are not overwhelmed. There
are probably a few ways to achieve this, one might be starting simple
and putting the nuances and the complex stuff at the end.

Sorry!
-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/