[Samba] Apply GPO in Windows from which DC?

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 9 13:32:55 UTC 2022

Hi,

is there a way to determine from which DC a GPO is applied in Windows
when running "gpupdate" or from the automatic(?) updates?
For reasons I don't understand GPO updates on my Windows 2019 members
only work from the PDC Emulator DC. On the other DC I get errors about
"Permission denied" (although sysvol permissions are the same in both
DCs and "samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck" is happy). "Group Policy
Management" in Windows points to the PDC Emulator DC, but the updates
seem to randomly choose a DC (which is annoying when updates only work
from one DC).

thx for advice
Matthias