[Samba] Remove LanMan auth from the AD DC and possibly file server?

Björn JACKE bjacke at SerNet.DE
Mon Feb 7 17:06:34 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-27 at 07:00 +1300 Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical sent off:
> No, you got my meaning perfectly.  Even for Win9X there is, from
> memory, some strange update to make it do 'raw NTLMv2', instead of LM.
>
> I really think we should be able to ditch this, ideally across the
> codebase but certainly in the AD DC, in 2022.

okay, with the AD DC I agree, I think we can remove it there.

For local SAM's users I would vote to keep LM hashes supported until we ditch
SMB1 anyway in the not so far future. There are really still people relying on
this.

Björn
phone: 0551-370000-0, mail: kontakt at sernet.de
Gesch.F.: Dr. Johannes Loxen & Reinhild Jung
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://samba.plus/