[Samba] Password policies on Samba

Victor Rodriguez vrodriguez at soltecsis.com
Mon Feb 7 12:42:32 UTC 2022

Hello,

To my knowledge, there are a few ways to implement password policies:

- Using GPO (i.e. Default Domain Controller policy).

- Using samba-tool domain passwordsettings (this will affect all users).

- Using Samba Password Setting Objects via samba-tool domain
passwordsettings pso to set different password policies depending on
user's group.

I haven't done any real testing with this yet, only used the GPO method
in pure Windows DC environments.

Which is the proper way to implement password policies on an AD Domain?

Many thanks in advance.