[Samba] Recommendation for upgrading from old version

Rich Webb rwebb at zylatech.com
Tue Dec 27 01:59:29 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am trying to save my domain from a Zentyal 3.2 server which is running Samba version 4.1.5 by joining a current Samba version 4.13.17 into the directory. My plan was to do this and then transfer FSMO roles and be done but I'm getting an error (WERR_DS_DRA_MISSING_PARENT) trying to join the domain with the new version. Based on another mailing list posting by Andrew, it looks like this happens with very old versions of Samba.

That being the case how would one migrate away from this old version aside from just creating a new domain and starting over?

Thanks,
Rich