[Samba] raising domain levels

Max Serafini max at marigoldsandonions.com
Sun Dec 25 22:17:33 UTC 2022

Hi

sudo samba-tool domain level show

Domain and forest function level for domain 'DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld'
Forest function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Domain function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

sudo samba-tool domain level raise
All changes applied successfully!

sudo samba-tool domain level show
Domain and forest function level for domain 'DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld'
Forest function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Domain function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

sudo samba-tool domain level raise --domain-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Domain function level can't be higher than the lowest function level
of a DC!

sudo samba-tool domain level raise --forest-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Forest function level can't be higher than the domain function
level(s). Please raise it/them first!

AND the post reply...

We still don't support being a 2012R2 DC, we need to upgrade Heimdal,
implement FAST and then add claims support before we could offer that.

Now on 4.17.4
Can we upgrade now?  Still getting the same error.