[Samba] windows acls

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Dec 20 20:30:08 UTC 2022

Does samba-tool show what's in the xattr? I tend to rely on smbcacls and
so I keep forgetting what samba-tool does in which mode and whith which
options. With smbcacls you'll get to see the ACL as seen by the client
and also what the server uses when enforcing it. Whatever getfacl
reports is up the kernel, but remember Samba enforces the ACL form the
xattr when using the acl_xattr module.

Both the filesystem ACL and the ACL in the xattr should be insync and
out-of-sync status should be detected and the module has self healing
builtin, but maybe something is not quite working as intended in that area.

Cheers!
-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/