[Samba] Some older windows clients can't connect after upgrade

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Thu Dec 15 16:43:04 UTC 2022

Le Thu, 15 Dec 2022 11:51:03 +0100
Emmanuel Florac via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:

> Hello,
>
> After upgrading to samba 4.13 (from debian oldstable to debian
> stable), some windows clients (windows 2008r2 and lower, Indows 7,
> windows XP, etc) can't connect to the serveur anymore. My first move
> was to enable SMBv1, now some linux clients connect using the older
> protocol, but the windows client still fail to connect "can't
> connect" error, neither using the UNC name, nor the IP adress;
> neither from the windows explorer, or "net use //xxxx/yyy" in a CMD
> shell.

I've compared with another server which is still running Samba 4.5
(debian 9 oldoldstable), and all of the clients that fail to connect
are connected to the other one using SMB2_10 or SMB3_01; on the other
server I have no client connected using SMB3_01 (but some are
successfully connected using 2.10...)