[Samba] Where am I connecting when using GPO editor?

miguel medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Tue Dec 13 13:42:24 UTC 2022

> > In the Group policy Management applet, on the tree select your domain then go to "Action" menu and choose "Change Domain Controller".
>> If you choose a particular DC, it will become the default DC until you change it.

> Yes, you can change it, but every time you start the grouppolicymanager it will be the DC with the FSMO role PDC-Master. That's the reason why you rplicate sysvol from the DC with this role

This is not what I am seeing here. I just tested it. If I choose a particular DC, it stays there until I change it again. I just chose a DC that does not have the FSMO role. Upon reopening the applet, it is still there. The only way to change it is to choose some other option. I tested on Windows 10 21H2.