[Samba] Constant core dumps from bind on new dcs

Dawson Greeley dgreeley at xes-inc.com
Mon Dec 12 18:42:06 UTC 2022

Hi recently created new dcs for my domain on samba version 4.17.3 with bind 9.18 as a backend for DNS on Ubuntu 22.04. The actual samba side of things is working fine. I do have a test environment where these exact versions are working perfectly, no errors, core dumps, etc. Looking back at my history the DCs the test ones are setup the exact same way. Was curious if anyone else has ran into this or any ideas where to look at as far as resolving this? Below is what the core dumps have

Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/named...
(No debugging symbols found in /usr/sbin/named)
[New LWP 3366501]
[New LWP 3366502]
[New LWP 3366503]
[New LWP 3366500]
[New LWP 3366505]
[New LWP 3366504]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/named -u bind'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  __pthread_kill_implementation (no_tid=0, signo=6, threadid=139981850535488) at ./nptl/pthread_kill.c:44
44      ./nptl/pthread_kill.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb)

tyia