[Samba] Samba support for Sonos S1 versions 4.15 and above

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Dec 12 18:07:44 UTC 2022

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 07:39:31PM +0100, Barry de Graaff wrote:
>Hello Nelson,
>
>Thanks for confirming, as long as Samba >= 4.15 does not work we have
>the following options:
>
>1. Use Ubuntu 20 with Samba 4.13, supported till 2025
>2. Use my Node Sonos SMB Server or
>3. Use a dockerized Samba 4.13
>
>I would say there is a close to zero chance Sonos will update their S1
>system to support SMB2, that would defeat the whole purpose of S1/S2.
>Only a Christmas miracle can do that!
>
>For now I have had great success with my Node SMB server, but yah,
>Samba would be better.

OK, I just confirmed locally that using a build from current
git-head works perfectly correctly (modulo my *terrible* music
taste of course :-) allowing SONOSv1 (all I have in my home
system) SMB1 to play. This is using an identical smb.conf
file and using an authenticated user to connect.

I'll try a 4.17 build next.