[Samba] 4.17.3 on debian: vfs_full_audit issues

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Dec 9 21:02:05 UTC 2022

09.12.2022 23:42, Jeremy Allison wrote:
[]
>> Jeremy, it is about 3..5 lines of code plus extra elements in the
>> vfs_op_names[] array. It is trivial to do, I can just send a patch
>> if you want.
>
> Cool ! Yes please - remember to also update the man page.

Well, it can be added to the manpage, but do you think it is really necessary?
I mean, there's an official naming and compatibility naming, and the code
might even produce a warning if compat naming is used (that's another line
of code in the patch :).

The thing is that _some_ syscalls now have both ways, - eg open *and* openat.

(Sure it's okay to modify the manpage too).

The PoC patch is attached (I haven't tried to even compile it yet).
Is something like that okay? :)

/mjt