[Samba] trouble with shadow_copy2

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Dec 8 15:13:26 UTC 2022

08.12.2022 17:12, Alexander Harm || ApfelQ via samba wrote:
> Hmmm, I’m not aware of anything broken. I did indeed have some issue coming from Louis’ packages but I checked and all samba* packages were of backports and up to date. I also ran apt install —reinstall to make sure. But as I’ve written before, this error did not show again since a reboot. The shadow_copy stuff however, still does not work.

I know only one thing: your /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsmbconf.so.0 is older
than needed by shadow_copy2. Find out why.  I don't have access to your system.

Note that samba itself is starting (or it looks like, - I don't know), and
if it is 4.17, it too needs a more recent version of libsmbconf.so.0, so there's
a question how did you manage to start samba with this libsmbconf if it is 4.17
samba.

/mjt