[Samba] File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11 clients, works via ip no via dns name

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Wed Dec 7 14:25:23 UTC 2022

Hi Rowland,

yes, all checked...

This error comes only in one combination: Windows to Synology DSM 7.1.1
via device name and share rights via group.

Windows to Synology DSM 6.2.4 > works
Windows to member server Samba 4.17.3 > works
Linux to DSM 7.1.1 via autofs > works
Linux to member server > works.

Every other service I use with Samba (e.g. LDAP for authentication) works.

And this happened first after updating Samba 4.16.6 to Samba 4.17.3 via
Debian backports.

So I would second you: The problem lies with Synology.

Or do you have a hint what changed between Samba 4.16 and 4.17 what may
caused this?

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama