[Samba] File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11 clients, works via ip no via dns name

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Wed Dec 7 09:58:49 UTC 2022

Hi Travis,

just read "Synology"...

As I have not complete read you first mails:
The combination with the Synology's is with DSM 7.1.1 and Samba 4.17.3?

Shares with groups rights are not accessible, but if you give the user
direct rights it works?

I have the same problem with this combination. An older device with DSM
6.2.4 still works.

I've already opened a case with Synology and delivered logs and
Wireshark captures.

By the way Synology will release a new SMB service on the 13th.

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama