[Samba] File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11 clients, works via ip no via dns name

Travis Wenks travis at rosecitysolutions.com
Tue Dec 6 22:09:08 UTC 2022

Interesting...

I left the domain and did not delete the user account and I go this

The domain name "NET" might be a NetBIOS domain name.  If this is the case,
verify that the domain name is properly registered with WINS.

If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain name, then the
following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration.

An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV)
resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD
DC) for domain "NET".

The error was: "No records found for given DNS query."
(error code 0x0000251D DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.NET

I went into dns and this record _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.NET.domain-name.com
does exist
Additionally I checked the dns records on the workstation are pointed at
the dc's and internet is working.

I am going try and join another workstation in our lab.

Travis Wenks
Rose City Solutions
travis at rosecitysolutions.com
503-821-7000