[Samba] File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11 clients, works via ip no via dns name

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:32:56 UTC 2022

This sounds a lot like my problem. No issue with the IP address, but all
the drive maps and file shares use the FQDN, and those have been failing
unless I add another UID to shares with `setfacl`.

The other thing I did was create a new group, copy all the members over,
then assign that group the same permissions on the file server as the
previous group. I have yet to delete the original group, but I'll be
attempting that over the winter break coming up.