[Samba] Use the samba AD database from a web or other application

Philippe Maladjian pmaladjian at hilaire.fr
Tue Dec 6 07:48:53 UTC 2022

Hi there,

Currently I have a samba 3.5.x in NT4 mode with an ldap backend. I
perform several tests to migrate to samba 4 in AD mode.

To simplify migration and management over time, I no longer want to use
the ldap backend. My problem is that I have different application
(firewall, internal web...) which uses the ldap database for the user
account part.

For the moment I have not found any documentation or example explaining
how to query the samba 4 user base from an external application.

Is it doable? If yes, how ?

Thanks in advance.
Philippe

--
Cordialement,

Philippe Maladjian
Responsable informatique
Ligne directe : +33 (0)4 72 14 50 66
Portable :
Assistante :

[http://www.hilaire.fr/tools/signature.jpg]<https://hilaire.fr>

HILAIRE s.a.s.
203 - 205 rue Jean Voillot, 69100 Villeurbanne - France
Tél. : +33 (0)4 72 37 58 23 - Fax : +33 (0)4 78 26 02 03
https://hilaire.fr