[Samba] [EXTERNAL] Re: SAMBA 4.14.4 now prompts for userid and password after AIX 7.1 to 7.2 Upgrade

Vaughan, Robert J vaughar2 at gdls.com
Mon Dec 5 17:15:39 UTC 2022

On 05/12/2022 15:49, Philip Cunio via samba wrote:
> Is there any further information required?
>

>Well, you said that the server that wasn't working, had a different
>version of Samba to the ones that did work, so it was presumed that you
>had updated the non working machine and that had fixed things.

>I presume the server is still not working. You also posted a smb.conf
>file, was that the entire '[global]' portion ? If it was, then I am
>struggling to understand why any of your Samba machines are working, as
>there were no 'idmap config' lines.

>Rowland

Perhaps he was running an OS-provided Samba package that did not enforce the need for winbind (despite messages logged that it was required for domain members)

I had that situation with both Red Hat and Solaris

Late in 2021 or early 2022 an upgrade of the OS package finally enforced this

Thanks,

Robert Vaughan

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.