[Samba] [EXTERNAL] Re: SAMBA 4.14.4 now prompts for userid and password after AIX 7.1 to 7.2 Upgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 5 16:51:43 UTC 2022

On 05/12/2022 15:49, Philip Cunio via samba wrote:
> Is there any further information required?

Well, you said that the server that wasn't working, had a different
version of Samba to the ones that did work, so it was presumed that you
had updated the non working machine and that had fixed things.

I presume the server is still not working. You also posted a smb.conf
file, was that the entire '[global]' portion ? If it was, then I am
struggling to understand why any of your Samba machines are working, as
there were no 'idmap config' lines.

Rowland