[Samba] [EXTERNAL] Re: SAMBA 4.14.4 now prompts for userid and password after AIX 7.1 to 7.2 Upgrade

Philip Cunio phil.cunio at inmar.com
Mon Dec 5 15:49:21 UTC 2022

Is there any further information required?

Best Regards,
Phil

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 4:33 PM Philip Cunio <phil.cunio at inmar.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> > 4.14.4now prompts for userid and password from Windows 10 and Windows
>> > 11 clientsattempting to map a drive. This was not required by SAMBA
>> > before theupgrade. Two other systems that have AIX 7.2 upgrades with
>> > SAMBA 4.14.4 arefunctioning correctly and do not prompt for userid
>> > and password.(forexisting userids/accounts). The method used to
>> > perform the upgrades for all3 systems was the same (NIM Alternate
>> > Disk Migration), Also, the smb.confon all 3 systems is the same. In
>> > the log I see the following failure:
>> > [2022/11/28 16:48:30.181656,
>> > 1]../../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:666(gse_get_server_auth_token)gss
>> > _accept_sec_context failed with [ Miscellaneous failure (see
>> > text):Failed to find cifs/xxxx at YYYYY.COM(kvno 4) in keytab
>> > MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab(aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)]
>> > [global]workgroup = ZZZrealm = YYYYY.COMinterfaces =
>> > 10.150.129.6netbios name = xxxxsecurity = ADSlog file =
>> > /var/samba/log/log.%mlog level = 3 passdb:5 auth:5wins server = corp-
>> > inm-dc2.inmar.compassword server = corp-inm-dc2.inmar.comsocket
>> > address = 10.150.129.6server min protocol = SMB2server signing =
>> > mandatorycreate mask = 0666follow symlinks = yesunix extensions = no
>> >

>> > (the xxxx, YYYYY and ZZZ are redactions of the actual system name
>> > forsecurity reasons)
>> >
>> > Any assistance on finding what is causing this would be
>> > greatlyappreciated!
>> > Regards,Phil
>> > --
>> >
>> > ********************************************
>> >

>> > *Inmar Confidentiality Note*: This e-mail and any attachments are
>> > confidential and intended to be viewed and used solely by the
>> > intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
>> > that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use of
>> > this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you received this e-
>> > mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the
>> > sender and delete this copy and all attachments from your system and
>> > destroy any printed copies. Thank you for your cooperation.
>> >

>> > *Notice of Protected Rights*: The removal of any copyright,
>> > trademark, or proprietary legend contained in this e-mail or any
>> > attachment is prohibited without the express, written permission of
>> > Inmar, Inc. Furthermore, the intended recipient must maintain all
>> > copyright notices, trademarks, and proprietary legends within this e-
>> > mail and any attachments in their original form and location if the
>> > e-mail or any attachments are reproduced, printed or distributed.
>> >
>> > ********************************************
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Bartlett (he/him) https://samba.org/~abartlet/
>> <https://samba.org/~abartlet>
>> Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.org
>> <https://samba.org>
>> Samba Team Lead, Catalyst IT https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
>> <https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba>
>>
>> Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source

*Philip Cunio*

Director Information Technology, Inmar Technology Solutions

*phil.cunio at inmar.com <phil.cunio at Inmar.com>*
One West Fourth Street, Suite 500
Winston Salem, NC 27101
p: 336-631-2934

*www.inmar.com <https://www.inmar.com/>  | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/inmar>  | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/CollectiveBias/?ref=br_rs>  | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/HollyPavlika>*

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/inmar> <https://www.facebook.com/inmarinc>
<https://twitter.com/inmarinc>

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

[image: Inmar Intelligence is Great Place to Work® Certified]