[Samba] Okta AD Agent failing to see machine as domain joined

Arianna Brandstetter abrandst at nebrwesleyan.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:12:49 UTC 2022

We are attempting to work with Okta to synchronize between Okta and our
Samba AD.  We are running 4.15 in AD mode.  We use it as the main AD for
apx 600 machines and 2500 active users.  We are attempting to add the
synchronization client to a Windows Server 2019 machine that is joined
to the domain.  The installer runs verifying the domain, forrest, a
domain service account, but at the end it dies saying the machine that
is a member of the domain is not a member of the domain but it still is.

Unfortunately Okta is not very supportive and say that they only support
"Real AD" to use the app and will not work with us on this.  They did
send me some samba links saying look it doesn't support AES kerberos,
the links were from 2011 and I was like, yes, yes it does.

Does anyone have any experience with the Okta AD Agent and Samba AD?

--
--==Kittens are never "Free" neither is Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, you are the product being sold==--

Arianna Brandstetter (They/Them She/Her/Hers)
UNIX Systems Administrator
Linux/Authentication/Office365/Email/VMWare/SAN
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 St. Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504

https://outlook.office365.com/calendar/published/bb6cb8512e5a4b09abfad0dc855df34a@nebrwesleyan.edu/ed676f1f258c46b98311a0974eae61b08706285610214336305/calendar.html

PGP Key: 7017 D612 DE8A 660C B541  F5EB 3897 BDB3 767C 7A56