[Samba] accidentally upgraded DC to 4.17.3 ... didn't work

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:35:16 UTC 2022

> The best fix for that is to turn off systemd-resolved on a Samba DC and
> then create /etc/resolv.conf as you require it, that way, it cannot get
> changed.

Since I've been dealing with this on a daily basis recently ....

You don't have to turn off systemd-resolved.  Just delete the symlink it
creates for resolv.conf in /etc, create your own static /etc/resolv.conf
file and then restart systemd-resolved.  It's smart, and knows how to
roll with this.

Turning off systemd services is rarely what you want to do, and as more
and more services align themselves with the convenience of systemd, this
will come back to bite you in the ass eventually. Or never upgrade; your
choice. <:)