[Samba] upgrade from samba 4.13 to 4.16 broke CIFS Server Authentication

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Wed Aug 31 11:13:27 UTC 2022

I suggest 1 change to start with.

look If can change this from within univention somewhere..

ntlm_auth  = yes
ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only

Small steps in these changes since univention has here own way of setting up things.

Few small things that might help a bit.
netbios name    = wayland
netbios name    = WAYLAND

And start using \\FQ.DN\share  everywhere.
>          logon home = \\wayland\%U
>          logon drive = I:
>          logon path = \\wayland\%U\windows-profiles\%a

>          logon home = \\wayland.your.dnsdomain.tld\%U
>          logon drive = I:
>          logon path = \\wayland your.dnsdomain.tld \%U\windows-profiles\%a

>          max protocol = smb2
>          client max protocol = smb2
>          max protocol = smb3	# or remove this one.
>          client max protocol = smb3  # or remove this one.
add if possible
          client min protocol = smb2

Start with that, maybe Rowland has more but as said..
The setup is way out of the "normal" scope of settings.
Not your doing but how its setup.

Greetz,

Louis