[Samba] Upgrade to 2:4.16.2+dfsg-1nmu1~deb11.1 borks printing

Aaron de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Wed Aug 31 01:29:37 UTC 2022

I just installed 2:4.16.4+dfsg-2~bpo11+1 on a test NAS and the same issue occurred.

One additional thing I noticed is that when I print a test page, the print queue in Windows shows a ~5 MB document, and that document never prints.
When I downgrade to 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4 and print a test page it initially goes into the queue as a ~5 MB document, then it refreshes and shows the test page is 308 KB.

I'm not familiar with the inner-workings of Windows printing, so this is wild speculation...but maybe part of the print process is converting the print job into a specific format and that specific format is smaller, but in the latest version of Samba the print job submission never makes it that far.

-A