[Samba] authn timeouts enumerating (and connecting to) shares

Aaron Johnson ajohnson1 at godaddy.com
Wed Aug 24 18:36:46 UTC 2022

Following up to myself…
>> I think you need to chase down a member of the Windows team and find out why the dns is weird
>
>I’ll attack it from that angle today.

So I’ve got the DNS issues sorted for myserver.mydomain.myorg.com. Still experiencing the same symptoms here:
“Smbclient -U … -L …” times out waiting for a response from smbd.
I can see smbd sending a query to winbind, winbind promptly responds with a NT_STATUS_OK.
smbd then appears to to go sleep for about 2 minutes before doing any additional work.

Happy to provide sanitized logs for this if anyone wants to have a look.  I’m pretty well baffled.

Thanks!