[Samba] Error message updating Samba from 4.15.7 to 4.15.9 (Louis' repo)

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Wed Aug 24 17:06:49 UTC 2022

Hi folks,

I have got Louis' repo Samba 4.15 installed under Debian Bullseye. It's
a production machine, so no dev libs installed. It's frequently updated,
so no old packages installed that may break updates.

Today, when updating the machine, I noticed new samba packages were kept
back, but I installed them after the ordinary update. However, in the
end of the Samba packages update there was this error:

Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

After checking up what was missing, it turned out to be the samba-dev
package. That is no surprise, as there are no dev libs installed in the
machine, that samba-dev most likely needs. However, the rest of the
packages installed without warnings or errors, and Samba seems to work
without any problems.

Can I just ignore this problem, or do I need to revert samba to the
previous version (4.15.7)?

Best regards,

Peter