[Samba] unix_primary_group not used when writing files

Matthew Richardson m.richardson at ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 12:50:19 UTC 2022

> Can we see your entire smb.conf, sanitised if you must.

Found it! Decided to go over the config and sanitise it, but also toggle
all the options that I wasn't certain of to see if they were relevant.

If I comment out the following, then the file is group owned g_alice -
with it there, it's 'domain users':

vfs objects = acl_xattr

No idea if this is expected behaviour though - from reading the docs it
sounds like this is a setting we would want to have, but I'm more than
happy to be told we don't need it and to leave it off!

Thanks,

Matthew
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.