[Samba] unix_primary_group not used when writing files

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 11:46:40 UTC 2022

I did a small test..

What the default is..
id username
uid=10002(username) gid=10000(domain users) groups=10000(domain users)
so I change my "primay group name/GID"  in ADUC,

id username
uid=10002(username) gid=10034(marketing-sales) groups=10034(marketing-sales)

touched a file in /tmp and... domain users..

I reverted the change.. tested to be sure.. same.
now I changed gidNumber .. ans same.

So now it looks like it’s a bug..
*( tested on 4.16.2 )

I do know this did work..