[Samba] unix_primary_group not used when writing files

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 09:37:05 UTC 2022

On 8/18/22 11:00, Matthew Richardson via samba wrote:
>> So, what I think, the primary GroupID isnt changed from "domain
>> users" to g_alice in the AD. Or you hitting cache problem;  try
>> also : net cache flush
>
> Caches flushed, services (and server) restarted - no change.

did you change the config to you the unix_primary_group after users had
been using the system before? Samba caches user tokens as part of the so
calles samlogon cache.

net cache samlogon {list|delete}

is your friend here.

Besides that, can the gid be resolved? Ie is it actually set as gid of a
some group in AD? Not sure if this has already been discussed in this
thread...

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/