[Samba] unix_primary_group not used when writing files

Matthew Richardson m.richardson at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 15:41:13 UTC 2022

I have subsequently worked out that to get 'getent group' to show users
I need to add the following to smb.conf:

winbind expand groups = 1

This now gives:

$ getent group g_alice
g_alice:x:12345:alice

However even with this setting and having restarted samba etc the files
are still group 'domain user'. (I also played with setting 'winbind
nested groups' which has no effect).

Don't know if that helps steer the debugging/solving of the bigger issue?

Thanks,

Matthew