[Samba] Printing with Samba 4.16

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Wed Aug 17 11:40:42 UTC 2022

I just run a test on my 4.16.2 ..

smbclient -L $(hostname -s) -Uadministrator   or with -Usomeusername   *(
and typing my password)
and that shows all my printers.

SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available
root at rtd-print1:~# smbd -V
Version 4.16.2-Debian

a test with ..
kinit Administrator
smbclient -L $(hostname -s) -k

what you can try is, remove samba. Don't purge it.
add my repo and install 4.16.2 and test again.

Ps..
4.16.4 is building currently for Ubuntu Jammy, next is Debian.
4.15.9 is building for Debian, Ubuntu is done already.
4.14.14 is uploaded..