[Samba] Fixing dns_tkey_gssnegotiate: TKEY is unacceptable but stuck on check_spn_alias_collision

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Tue Aug 9 07:01:47 UTC 2022

Good Morning,

Remove these flat file zone configs, these are in de AD-DC DNS setup also.
> zone "." IN {
> zone "localhost" IN {
> zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {

Enable-ing forwarders are not obligated, if not setup the root servers in de
AD-DC DNS will be used.

But back to your problem..

stop samba winbind on this DC.
use samba tool to remove the DC
use samba tool remove dead server to clean more *( on DC1).
Use any DNS manager/command to remove any A or PTR record of DC2 in the DNS
on DC1
Remove left overs in the "Sites in AD" *( on DC1).

Cleanup all folders of samba.
check it again, now only when you 100% sure its gone.

rejoin. *(with  IP DC1 first in resolv.conf)
reboot *( with IP DC1 first in resolv.conf)
check everything...
now, fix resolv, *( IP DC2 first in resolv.conf, then DC1 ip.)
Reboot *( or.. use..

samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ && samba_upgradedns
--dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL && samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ

That's what I would do, but its key everything is gone of the old server in
the DNS on DC1.
Seen this before and in general it took me more time to fix it then a
re-join.

Hope that it helps,

greetz,

Louis