[Samba] Current status of MIT5 Kerberos fork.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 3 20:47:34 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-08-03 at 08:05 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-08-03 at 09:50 +0300, Sami Hulkko via samba wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The information on Samba Wiki for MIT Kerberos related fork is from
> > 4.7.
> > Is there anywhere information available for the current status?
>
> It isn't really a fork, it is just a different way of configuring the
> build and, while there have been a few updates, using a MIT based
> Samba
> DC is still considered experimental. Do not use one in production,
> only
> use one for testing purposes.
>
> Rowland

While the above is our correct official statement (and covers in
particular how much promise we give on any security issues, because
some of those have to be fixed in both places which is difficult),
since the efforts over Dec->Feb this year, things are much
better.

Extensive testsuites were written and they mostly pass, so there can be
some increased comfort if MIT Kerberos is an organisational
requirement.

There is no RODC support in the MIT KDC.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions