[Samba] Cannot set Windows ACL on Sharefolder with other user than Administrator

Oliver development at kleinevogel.de
Wed Aug 3 14:36:24 UTC 2022

I check out this article, where you helped a member of askubuntu for the
same problem:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1309659/samba-domain-member-not-pulling-ad-group-user-info

I follow your introduction and set the winbind before systemd inside
nsswitch.conf, like:

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files winbind systemd
group:          files winbind systemd
shadow:         files
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files dns winss
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

Am 03.08.2022 um 14:33 schrieb Oliver via samba:
> Hello Rowland,
>
> thanks for your reply on my message. I just could check your answers
> today.
>
> Am 29.07.2022 um 19:05 schrieb Rowland Penny:
>> You can get 4.16.1 from Debian 11 backports
>
> Thanks for the information. I will try this out in a few days.
>
> The reason why I choose a self-compiled installation is, that I will
> not get trouble when I run apt-get upgrade or other package
> installation tasks on the machines and get all the same versions on
> the machines.
>
>>> - getent group / user
>>> DOMAIN\domain users:x:10000:
>>> DOMAIN\sec-admin-home-unix-domain-administrators:x:10001:
>>> DOMAIN\sec-file-home-administrator:x:11000: