[Samba] protocol between pam/nss & winbindd

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 2 23:15:41 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-06-02 at 23:42 -0400, Jonathon Reinhart via samba wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> Your question is perfectly clear to me. I'm no expert, but I
> believethe local winbind protocol is bitness-agnostic, but uses
> "host-native"byte order.

This is correct, at least in intent.  Sorry Michael you got the run-
around earlier.

The protocol is a simple structure with a massive union, copied over
the pipe.

I would note some uid_t and pid_t types that might change per-arch.

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead, Catalyst IT   https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT - Expert Open SourceSolutions