[Samba] Printing with Samba 4.16

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Mon Aug 1 07:07:19 UTC 2022

Hello all,
after the upgrade to 4.16.3 our printserver does not work any more. I
just wanted to know if anybody else has this problem or if I have to dig
in deeper to find the problem on our side.

here is the smb.conf
[global]
         netbios name = Printserver
         server string = Printserver
         security = ADS
         realm = HQ.DOMAIN-IT.DE
         workgroup = DOMAIN-02
         max log size = 50000
         disable netbios = yes
         smb ports = 445
         server min protocol = SMB2
         client min protocol = SMB2
         #log level = 5
         log level = 1 auth_audit:2
         logging =syslog only
         kerberos method = secrets and keytab
         writeable =YES
         map acl inherit = yes
         store dos attributes = yes
         inherit acls = Yes
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         interfaces = lo eth0
         bind interfaces only = Yes
         ##idmap##
         # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local windows
accounts/groups
         idmap config *:backend = tdb
         idmap config *:range = 1000000-2000000

         # idmap config for domain DOMAIN-02
         idmap config DOMAIN-02:backend = ad
         idmap config DOMAIN-02:range = 500-65555
         idmap config DOMAIN-02:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config DOMAIN-02:unix_nss_info = yes
         winbind use default domain = Yes
         winbind offline logon = yes
         winbind refresh tickets = yes
         machine password timeout = 604800
         #Printing
         rpc_server:spoolss = external
         rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
         spoolss: architecture = Windows x64
         min domain uid = 500

[printers]
        path = /var/spool/samba/
        printable = yes
        printing = cups

[print$]
        path = /srv/samba_printer_drivers/
        read only = no

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36
64673 Zwingenberg, Germany

T: +49 6251 9331-30
F: +49 6251 9331-11

cn at brain-biotech.com
www.brain-biotech.com

Follow @BRAINbiotech on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRAINbiotech
Follow @BRAIN Biotech AG on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brainbiotech

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg | Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt | HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender) | Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen