[Samba] Domain join not happening on Debian/Ubuntu machines

Sac Isilia udaypratap.singh65 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:31:57 UTC 2022

Hi Team,

Your question is correct. We are using media domain account whereas we wish
to join the server in AP-MEDIA domain. I explained the same thing to my AD
team to give us the service account in AP-MEDIA domain . But there rational
argument is that when we join using media\svc_domjoin02 it is resolving to
AP.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC as I posted in the above mail in the "net ads join"
output.

root at cngzh1dnl01:~# net ads join -U media\\svc_domjoin02
Enter media\svc_domjoin02's password:
kerberos_kinit_password *svc_domjoin02 at AP.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC* failed: Client
not found in Kerberos database  - - > This line which is resolving to
AP.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC
Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Client not found in
Kerberos database

Can you provide us technical justification that why the server will not
join with media domain account . My initial question was the same - The
MEDIA domain account joins the RHEL machines in other domain however that
fails with Debian/Ubuntu machines. According to you - creating the service
account in AP-MEDIA domain to join the server will only resolve the issue.
If yes , then what is the technical concept behind this.

Regards
Sachin Kumar