[Samba] Domain join not happening on Debian/Ubuntu machines

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Thu Apr 28 13:59:30 UTC 2022

Hai,

Please reply to the samba-list and add the OS and samba version then you reply.

There are multiple things off here.

/etc/hosts                          not wrong but can be done better in that setup.

/etc/resolv.conf               missing options when using more then 3 DNS servers.

                                               fist server(s), should be the AD DNS servers of the realm you want to join.

                                               I suggest, remove all except the one you need for now.

To start with.

This is failing due bad resolving, as far I can see for now.

Greetz,

Louis