[Samba] Winbind authentication issues when single Domain Controller down

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Apr 26 13:42:12 UTC 2022

> I think you need to explain that in a bit more detail.
> It sounds like your Samba AD DC's are in one subnet and your clients
> are in another. If this is the case, you should be using 'sites', but
> you would still need a minimum of one DC in each site.

well, this is all correct of course, but the thing is: DC reconnect
behaviour when the currently selected DC goes down is a long known
problem. We just haven't seen someone throw the needed resources at the
problem. This is sufficiently tricky to keep a Samba dev busy for a few
weeks.

Cheers!
-slow

--