[Samba] Rename user

Carlos carlos.hollow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:04:48 UTC 2022

Hi!

I renamed a noemd and user, via RSAT and until all OK, however in the
Client a Debina 10, the user is not being listed with all the groups and
the errors informing the old name.

# before
id XXX
6 groups

# Now
id XXX
uid=101240(XXX) gid=100513(XXXX) groups=100513(XXXXX)

The UID is the same, in the correct way, if I try to "turn" the user via
SU, I get the error:

pam_unix(su-l:account): could not identify user (from getpwnam(YYYYY))

Where YYY is username before renaming.

With getent:
getent passwd XXXX

YYYY:*:101240:100513:YYYY:/home/YYY:/bin/bash

Where YYY is username before renaming.

What I already did, but if successful:

service winbind stop
service smbd stop
service nmbd stop

net cache flush
rm -f /var/lib/samba/*.tdb
rm -f /var/lib/samba/group_mapping.ldb
net ads join -U Administrator
service smbd start
service nmbd start

service winbind start

Problems only occur on servers that this user has already logged in, on
others that don't, if you test "id" everything appears right and without
SU errors.

Client:
Debian 10

Regrads;