[Samba] samba-ad-dc won<t load after update

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Sat Apr 23 01:13:28 UTC 2022

Well, it's been several painful hours of blindly poking around -something
that I feel tends to yield more harm than good...But I found the issue.
Once I brought the log level to 5 I couldn't help but notice a complaint
about
"add_interface: not adding duplicate interface 192.168.15.5" which is the
address of the nic associated with AD and the local LAN subnet.
So I commented out the interface statement in smb.conf (this box has 3 nics
so I felt it best to specify).
Low and behold the full process now starts and everything is back to
normal. And this is despite testparm not complaining whatsoever about this
setting.
This system was on Samba 4.9 prior and now on 4.13 with Linux 5.10 and Deb
11.

Thanks, Phil