[Samba] Samba 4 AD member loose membership after DC reboot (SOLVED)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 22 08:28:16 UTC 2022

netbios aliases = RADI.UPC.ES RADI.UPC.EDU <<< this is soo wrong..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/naming-conventions-for-computer-domain-site-ou#computer-names

quote :
Names can contain a period (.). But the name can't start with a period.
The use of non-DNS names with periods is allowed in Microsoft Windows NT.
Periods should not be used in Microsoft Windows 2000 or later versions of Windows

Do not use . in NETBIOS names.  *( and aliasses)

and read :
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/naming-conventions-for-computer-domain-site-ou#dns-host-names

Greetz,

Louis