[Samba] Samba 4.16 Debian (* and where is 4.14.13)

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri Apr 22 08:20:58 UTC 2022

Hai,

No, not yet.

The mail reason is that the debian samba team have an extra guy (Michael
Tokarev) doing amazing work,
And thats was needed, its a part i could not do but i can read most of
what's done, its a big list..
So this is a big change made in packaging of 4.16.0 on Debian. I'am adoption
these changes.
just before adopting them i also want to understand them, so yeah, it all
takes a bit longer currently then normal.
Better safe then sorry..

To give and idea what Michael has done.. have a look in the change log of
samba.
https://salsa.debian.org/samba-team/samba/-/blob/master/debian/changelog
And thats a LOT what's done. Thanks to

I also didnt do that 4.14.13 yet, these will come also next week.
I will be addressing the version numbering problem also and i looking into
on a move (parts of) my work to Debian FastTrack.
This is basicly what im doing already.  https://wiki.debian.org/FastTrack

It's a big change in my workflow and in addition i had a few very buzy weeks
at the office and had weekend work,
so, yeah, im still here, just be low profile currenlty, most work at the
office is done now..

I tried to get it all done this week, but i wont/didnt make it..

So, small update from my side, next  week everything is up2date again.

So far,
And have a great weekend everyone.

Greetz,

Louis