[Samba] Samba upgrade...v4.7.6->4.16.x

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri Apr 22 07:12:04 UTC 2022

Good Morning,

Small short addition on your nice write up.

when you dist-upgrade your servers.. i really recommend to use :
apt-get dist-upgrade -d  (* or -dy )
-d Download only.

This makes sure you have all needed packages on you server before it starts
upgrading.
Very handy, especialy when you loose DNS, in case of the AD-DC upgrades.

It's know that the upgrade of 4.14.x has a version nr flaw, as far its
reported,
This is only on ubuntu 20.04. and i am adressing it currently.

there is more to come soon..

Greetz,

Louis

backups/snapshots.