[Samba] Password synchronization from database

Bruno Marchioro emailparabruno at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:51:28 UTC 2022

Hello!

We are migrating from Samba 3 to Samba 4 at my institution. We managed to
install Samba 4, however, now we need to keep the user's password
synchronized with the other systems.

The problem is that we don't use LDAP or AD as a source of truth for
passwords. Users are created and administered in a system that saves the
encrypted password in postgres database.

We searched several ways, but couldn't find a way to save the already
encrypted password in Samba 4's internal LDAP.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks,

Bruno Rampi Marchioro