[Samba] FreeBSD 12.3-RELEASE and Samba 4.13

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Sat Apr 16 20:53:20 UTC 2022

> You are running a version of Samba that has SMBv1 turned off by default
> and you need SMBv1 for Network Browsing. Also wsdd is supposed to
> replace Network Browsing, you use one or the other, not both.

Thanks for the reply.  :-)

Is there a way that I can query nmbd and/or smbd to determine what
protocols, etc., are supported and/or enabled?

AIUI SMBv1 is deprecated and in the process of becoming unsupported
everywhere.  But the last time I looked, SMBv2 seemed to involve domain
networking and/or Kerberos.  I know nothing about SMBv3.

I would prefer Workgroup networking, or whatever is the current
equivalent.  I do not want to implement domain, etc., networking at this
time.

I only discovered wsdd(1) yesterday, and have little experience with it.

What is the current way to implement Workgroup networking (or
equivalent) on Samba 4.13?

David