[Samba] Deploy separate DC & file share services in one host

Hailong Wang whlsxl at outlook.com
Sat Apr 16 16:54:12 UTC 2022

Hi everyone.
I use docker to deploy AD DC & smbd file share service in two containers on a single host. the docker image is based on Ubuntu 20.04, samba version is 4.13.17.

When I visit the file share service( use wsdd2 & avahi ),  windows 10 is worked, but other clients like macOS, have a 50 percent possibility to show the DC file share (netlogon & sysvol).

According to "Setting up Samba as an Active Directory Domain Controller"
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server, I know AD DC can act as the file share service, but it will show netlogon and sysvol in the shared directory.

Any idea?

#  DC smb.conf

[global]
netbios name = DCSERVER
realm = SAMBADC.COM
workgroup = SAMBADC
server services = -dns
rpc server port = 10240
bind interfaces only = Yes

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/SAMBADC.COM/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No

#  file share smb.conf

[global]
  security = ADS
  server role = MEMBER SERVER
  workgroup = SAMBADC
  netbios name = FSSERVER
  realm = SAMBADC.COM

  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

  idmap config SAMBADC: backend = rid
  idmap config SAMBADC: range = 10000-999999

  socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=524288 SO_SNDBUF=524288

  winbind enum groups = Yes
  winbind enum users = Yes
  winbind refresh tickets = Yes
  winbind separator = +